Cloud computing becomes the hot buzz topic. We will all migrate to cloud computing, sooner or later. Although it is extremely attractive from the financial point of view, it raises extremely serious concerns about security.
Global knowledge has issues a white paper that provides a kind of check list for selecting your provider, or to decide if it is wise to switch to the cloud.
- Where’s the data?
- Who has access?
- What are your regulatory requirements?
- Do you have the right to audit?
- What type of training does the provider offer their employees?
- What type of data classification system does the provider use?
- What are the service level agreement (SLA) terms?
- What is the long-term viability of the provider?
- What happens if there is a security breach?
- What is the disaster recovery/business continuity plan (DR/BCP)?
By the way, many of these questions are equally valid with an internal/outsourced IT traditional service. For instance, 1 or 2. have you asked yourself these questions for your current system. What is the answer for 5 in your company?
The document is here.